May I just..

|
Shrink to a size where I can fit into a bowl, sail into the bath tub and conquer my goal?
Bounce on the keys of a solar calculator, grow a fluffy tail, and befriend an alligator?
Fence with a staple and fly with a kite, only to realize I'm just an inch of air height?
Laugh at the dust that runs into each other, only to be attacked by the Dust Bunny Mother?

Feast on a grape, engorge myself with orange juice, dance with celery until the stalk comes loose?
Kick around rocks and slide on bird feathers, move to the groove and talk to the weather?
Barrel roll a pencil, bathe in glitter, try to talk a flower out of that feeling to wither?
Hide in my kitten's fur, sneeze from the fluff, shout 'boo!' in her ear and feel her go puff!

Go on a mile walk around the small kitchen chair, find my missing iPod, and dodge all the hair?
Adventure in the caves of my Dad's smelly shoes, run from a stink bug that just came out of the blue?
Harmonize with the leaky sink until the water runs out, count the ceiling dots until I begin to shout?
May I just find a snowflake to keep in my heart?
May I just find a Love that will never depart?
May I just scream at the sun to stop feeling pity?
On the days when I run in circles in my mental, purple city.








1 comments:

Susanna Hempstead said...

"Try to talk a flower out of that feeling to wither" I've had this brilliant line stuck in my head for about 24 hours now; you write images that last.

Post a Comment